Birthdays are a big deal around our house. Growing up, my mom was always so good about making a big deal on my birthday (or maybe it was because that was always when they would go to Hawaii so out of guilt they made a big deal out of it). Either way, I always loved my birthday. I have also loved continuing that tradition with my own munchkins. My kids start to plan their next birthday sometimes before they are finished with one! I admit, sometimes it is exhausting living up to their expectations, but looking back I don't regret all the work for a second!
Mason had such a cool angry birds birthday and even though grandma H made Parker a cool Lego cake last year...it has been a few years since I made him one. He wanted a Pikachu cake but when I started researching Pokemon cakes online I came across this Piplup cake, showed it to Parker and he said, "Oh, Yeah!"
I made a fondant cake once for Mason and it tasted awful. So, I decided to just frost it and it turned out delicious! I was even more excited because Parker wanted a chocolate cake and I came across a triple chocolate cake mix that didn't have any milk in it!!! It was delicious, too! The kids were quite happy with the results. I thought it turned out so cute.
It doesn't get much better than cake and ice cream! Grandma and grandpa quickly won over Sawyer with food.
He also had a heyday with the balloons. Mason thought it was so funny to clip the balloon string onto his back and he was like a dog chasing his tail.
Parker was so funny opening his present from mom and dad. I wrapped it in an old box (our internet router box) so that it was in a bigger box. He opened it looked at the router...asked what it was, then thanked us. He was ready to move on to the next present and we were holding in our laughter when we told him he should OPEN the box. He had no idea we were getting him an ipod and was pleasantly surprised.
The real excitement was when he opened the present from Mason and Sophia. Both the boys have really wanted Pokemon Emerald (an old Gameboy game that you can only buy online). Mason kept telling me how excited Parker would be to get it for his birthday. I think his face said it all.
It was so much fun having grandma and grandpa B here with us for Parker and Sawyer's birthdays. It was quite the adventure for them to get to us with their military flights. They had to fly from Seattle to the east coast in order to catch a flight to Scott air force base...then drive about 5 hours to get here. So, it was no small feat for them to be here, but made all the difference to our little (7 year old) boy! He felt so special that grandma and grandpa would come visit over his birthday and come with him to Legoland. The kids always look forward to time with grandma and grandpa! Unfortunately, as hard as they tried...they didn't get Sawyer walking. I've banned him from growing up, but they were working on him the whole time they were here. When they first got here...if you grabbed his hands and tried to walk with him holding on he would just pull the Jell-o legs routine and fall to the floor. (He is a total chicken). But, by the time they were ready to go...all he wants to do is grab someones hands and have them help him walk around. He gives his squishy nose cheesy grin the whole time. It is pretty cute.
It was another successful birthday and I can't believe how fast my kids are growing. Time just seems to be speeding up and I can't stop it. I'm so happy when we get to stop for just a minute and celebrate.
{Happy 7th Birthday, Parker}

No comments:
Post a Comment