I was sad it was so late and that my mom couldn't come with the other kids to see their new brother. Dan stuck around to see him get his bath and only held him for a second with the fear of getting Sawyer sick. Then I was left alone at the hospital while Dan went home to get some much needed rest. I remember just staring at him with his little swirl of dark hair on his head. He was so cute and sooooo chubby!
The next day my mom came in with Sophia and Parker before he had to go to Kindergarten. I wish I had my video camera on because they both came in went right over to the bassinet next to my bed and just stared. Sophia wasn't quite sure....but Parker was so excited. They both got to hold him (which made Mason mad when he found out). Needless to say, I was very happy when they stopped in later on in the day and had Mason with them. He was a pretty important new addition to our family!! Dan was later diagnosed with Bronchitis and had to go on a pretty potent antibiotic to get over it. We think he originally had influenza which I also got. Luckily, I was only down for a few days, then back on my feet. Little Sawyer didn't get sick at all, neither did any of the other kids...probably because they were at grandmas house. We had a little birthday party for Parker in the hospital room before my mom took them to her house for the week. They had a blast, but we were so happy when our whole family was back together and healthy!
So, in one year a lot has changed. Dan is no longer going to Africa (thank goodness!) He got a new job...we moved to Chicago and are a busy family of 4 cute kiddos! We are so happy to have this little guy in our family. He is the coolest thing to his brothers and sister.
Happy Birthday Sweet Sawyer!
No comments:
Post a Comment