Monday, August 29, 2011

More tears...

I keep thinking that eventually my tear ducts will dry up.  With everything that has happened lately, I have cried more in the last few months than I probably have in the last 10 years.  But, it happened again today.  My sweet baby girl started preschool. 
 For the last two years she has been the one crying as the boys left her.  First when Parker would go to preschool, then on to Kindergarden.  Last year when both Mason and Parker were at school she would cry every morning when Mason left, then again when Parker got on the Kindergarden bus after lunch.
 I, on the other hand, have loved having her with me.  She is my buddy.  The boys both did two years of preschool.  The thought of putting her in preschool last year made me sick.  But this year, there is no getting around it.  She is ready to go.  She woke up first thing this morning, ate ALL of her breakfast (she claims she only wants to eat "crap" so this is a big deal) and got herself dressed.  She didn't even fuss when I had to do her hair.  She was very insistint on having it straight.  She knew exactly what she wanted.
 Since the boys started school a week ago, they have had homework of reading every night.  When I tell them to do it, they all moan....Sophia will ask, "me too?"  If I tell her "no" she insists that she does need to do it for school.  If I tell her yes, she needs to do her reading, too, she moans just like the boys.  She wants to be just like them....homework and all.
 There was one little boy crying for his mom as she dropped him off.  There were no tears here from this little girl.  I can't say the same for me.  Why do they have to grow up?  I ask her every day to stop growing.  She just tells me, "mom, I caaayyan't"  I told her when she left me for school I was going to cry and cry.  She told me I couldn't, then after she thought about it she said, "mom, you can cry, but only a little bit."
Love her.

No comments: