Friday, May 23, 2008

One Busy Week for Mason

I can't believe this cute boy turned 5! I have held off having friend parties as long as I could, but this year he begged to have a birthday party with all of his buddies and I caved. We had everything DINOSAUR!!!!
I made him a dinosaur cake...
We went on a Dinosaur egg hunt and dug for dinosaur bones...
Played pin the tail on the dinosaur....
Parker had a little too much excitement in the days leading up to the party and crashed just as it started and slept through almost the whole thing...
We sang and even had a T-Rex pinata-in the house since the weather didn't cooperate-

Then on to the family party. Steve and Danielle came over and he opened his presents from mom & dad, parker, and grandma & grandpa.
He hasn't wiped this smile off of his face, yet. Apparently it was a successful party and one great birthday!

Then it was on to preschool graduation. Here he is with his teacher Miss Jamie. He was so cute singing all the songs they had learned and he said a part about the letter D
"D is for dinosaurs
some scientists do dig
we're glad they're gone now
Oh, were they big"
Unfortunately, Parker had one of his freak out sessions right before the program so I missed Mason saying his part. Luckily my neighbor got it on video. It seems like nothing can ever go without a hitch:) Mason is sad to be done with preschool (his teacher was AWESOME) but is soooooo excited to start Kindergarden next year (me, not so much)!

Here he is with his preschool sweetheart. His first little crush.....

All in all it was a GREAT week but I am so glad that it is behind us. :)

4 comments:

Heats said...

All I can say is WOW! He is so cute! Cute cake by the way, I could never do that!

Angie said...

Looks like sooo much fun! Tell the little guy happy birthday from us. We're sorry we didn't get to celebrate with you. LOVE the bike! What a lucky kid to have you guys as parents. Way to go on the cake too! As for the kindergarden thing... Now you know why we are waiting a year with Jack. It's just sooooo hard to let go!!! love ya!

Mike and Stacie said...

Happy Birthday Mason! It looks like you guys had a fun week. I love the dinosaur theme.

Savanna said...

What cute pictures! Looks like a super fun week. Mason looks like a very Happy Birthday boy! So cute.