There must have been a lot of talk on the bus and at school about catching leprechauns. My boys got home yesterday and had a pretty good plan. So, we had to tiptoe around these clever traps they set to try to catch the tricky little buggers!
This one involved using "gold"fish crackers to lure them into the cans along with gold colored staples resting on top of a tissue so they would fall in.
Then they lured them upstairs with Lego jewels and placed tape everywhere to try to get them to stick to it.
This was my favorite...next to the trap to catch them Mason left a note for the leprechaun to please not leave any chocolate gold because he is allergic.
Needless to say, after all of their efforts they didn't catch one. They were disappointed this morning when they came down and discovered their fish had been eaten, but the leprechauns had gotten away, so I was glad I had already made an alternative reward for them.
I got this idea off of The Crafting Chicks. It was filled with treats and each of them got a 50 cent piece.
Of course it wouldn't be St. Patrick's day if those sneaky leprechauns didn't do some sort of trick like turn our waffles and SunnyD green.
Happy St. Patrick's Day!
1 comment:
Your kids crack me up. I especially loved the note about the allergies...none of that chocolate crap please!
Post a Comment