Happy Easter!
Grandma H. asked the boys why we celebrated Easter. Seeing them stammer a little I tried to prod them along. "What did Jesus do?" to which Parker answers, "give us eggs?" Soooo, there were many lessons on Jesus and why we celebrate Easter...although I wonder if they are sinking in since Parker was crawling under the bed last night as I was taking it apart and I told him to get out from under it or he might be squished. He seemed unbothered and then proceeded to explain to me that when Jesus died he made it so that if we die we come back to life. For a kid that already loves to do daring things, I'm a little concerned.

I could only get them to look while watching the T.V., I figured it was close enough. I have to admit it was fun dressing up a little girl for Easter...not that my boys aren't super cute, it's just different.
Church was as always, crazy. It was packed in my parents ward, and I tried my hardest to be on time, but didn't quite make it. Luckily my dad went a little early to save us a seat but it was so packed we ended up on the second row. So, each time Sophi melted down, I had to walk down the whole chapel to haul her out. The boys did alright (not according to my parents, but they have not seen what they are capable of). So we made it through another Sacrament Meeting. It was great and turned out to be a beautiful day.
Easter dinner was delicious with chicken cordon bleu, glazed carrots, asparagus with a hollandaise sauce and strawberry spinach salad with fresh baked rolls, and deviled eggs. Topped off with a strawberry cheesecake dessert! Mom, you are awesome! It was so yummy and the kids loved it!
It was sad to have to head back home after a fun spring break with grandma and grandpa, but it is also nice to be back home and in our own routine again. Unfortunatley froggy jr. (oh yeah, he's already been replaced once) didn't make it the week we were gone. So, I need to pick out froggy III. Luckily Batman cannot be killed. He was a good choice for a pet.
Hope you all had a wonderful Easter!
3 comments:
I am so sad that I missed you. I would have loved to try and stayed but the weather was absolutely awful all the way to Tremonton... so I guess it is a good thing we got on the road. Now I have your cell phone number though - so just you wait. You might get sick of me yet.
Odd thing. Livvy thinks the same thing as Parker and suddenly she isn't afraid of dying anymore cause she will come back like Jesus. Oh well, more lessons right? Darling kids!
You really do have the best stories:) Girls are so much fun, I can't believe how long her hair is getting. Brighten's Bangs are always hanging in her face. She never keeps anything in her hair. You give me hope...maybe.
Post a Comment