Friday, November 30, 2007

Time to throw out the scales!

Well, this is the time of year that it seems like all we are ever doing is eating, eating, eating! I fear I am never going to lose this baby weight, but its all sooooo yummy! We spent Thanksgiving up at my brother and sister in law's house up in Huntsville. It was freezing cold, but the sun was shining and it was beautiful. It was so nice to just sit and watch Christmas movies (for the girls and football for the boys) and look out the windows. This was our Thanksgiving Feast that Dan's sister cooked up for us. It was all delicious. Even my kids who are the pickiest eaters were not in the least disappointed! My boys had a great time with their cousins and were happy to have the chance to play with them and to have grandma and grandpa up for the weekend.

This looks like a table full of trouble!







Sweet Sophi had so much fun. It was great because there were so many people there that she didn't have to spend much time in bouncers, swings, the floor, etc. She got very spoiled.





They even managed to hop in the hot tub...it was freezing outside but the kids didn't seem to mind one bit. The boys thought it was pretty cool to see the steam coming off of them when they got out. Dan and I were able to go shopping on Friday (no we are not morning people and could NEVER get out of bed early to hit the really good sales) and we got some good stuff. So, I guess it was successful. The most entertaining event, though, was when my sister-in-law flushed her cell phone down the toilet. Dan was really happy first thing in the morning on Saturday when his brother came in and woke him up asking for his help in REMOVING the toilet. It was entertaining to watch and we figured the thing was gone for good, but amazingly it had lodged itself in there and they were able to recover it. Even more amazing is that after letting it dry, the thing still works! That would never be my luck. I'm sure it will be a great story to tell for a long time (sorry Danielle). Well, that sums up Thanksgiving. It was great to just hang out with family and enjoy being together.
Now I feel like Christmas is just around the corner and there is something about snow that makes it seem that much closer. Of course, as soon as the first flakes fell the boys were dying to get their snow gear on and head outside. I was very happy to have them out of the house for a little while so I could make a mad dash at getting the rest of the decorations up. It takes me twice as long when they are in the house because they want to help and of course I can't say no. So, as of now the inside of our house is ready for Christmas. Now I just have to get Dan outside to put up our lights in the freezing cold since he didn't feel like doing it a couple of weekends ago when it was 70 degrees outside! We might just be the house on the street without lights...hopefully Santa will still find us!

10 comments:

Nate + Carlee said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jensen Family said...

Looks like you had a great Thanksgiving. Don't you love this time of year? It is so fun to stay in touch with everyone. Could you please give me your new address for Christmas cards. Thanks....Love Ya - Jen

Nate + Carlee said...

Hi, Nate decided to leave his cell phone number on your blog...so I erased it...we do live in Provo now, and we would love to get together sometime! Looks like you guys had a great Thanksgiving!

John and Kassie said...

Hey Ash--what fun pictures and great cell phone story! We will probably be the house on the street without lights as well---now that it is freezing cold! Your boys are just like mine----ready to get outside no matter the temp.---just to play in all that SNOW! Enjoy your holidays and take care!

Kacey said...

So fun! I love the cell phone in the toilet story and if you don't get the lights up on your house...well you can be like us... the ONLY house on the block without lights. :-)

Lauren Perry said...

I want a hot tub for snowy weather! How cool! And could Sophie be ANY cuter? I think not! She is just beautiful ♥

Jen said...

Sounds like you guys had a great Thanksgiving! The cell phone story is great--it will be a hard one to top! We were actually on top of things this year and got our Christmas lights up before Thankgiving!

The Jenks Fam said...

Wow--sounds like you have had a fun and exciting last couple of weeks. I still can't believe Christmas is on it's way. You need to email me your address so I can send you a Christmas card! Sophie is getting so big. She is darling. Thanks for getting the blog set up for the reunion! :)ace

Anonymous said...

Hey Ash! I love the toilet story- how amazing that the phone still works! That sounds like something I would do.. NO I guess I would probably just leave my phone somewhere and someone would steal it, and inside of my phone would be your phone. And... I would get my phone back, but yours would be lost forever! hmm...

Anonymous said...

Also... I need your address