Friday, November 9, 2007

Soooo tired

Let me start off by giving a little background on Dan. I hear stories all the time of when he was growing up and would literally fall asleep ANYWHERE. I think it is just the way his family is, they go hard and 100 miles an hour until they finally crash if you have seen my children you can attest to this. I've heard stories of Dan falling asleep in plates of spaghetti where literally his face would be in his food and apparently this happened often according to his siblings. Well, I think this gene has passed on through to my children because one day Parker was sitting up at the counter on a tall barstool and luckily I walked by just in time to catch him as he fell asleep holding his chicken nugget. I remember once Mason also falling asleep holding onto his peanut butter and jelly sandwich. Yesterday I laughed so hard when I went back out to the car to get Mason out after returning from preschool. When I parked he got out of his seat and was walking out, so I assumed he would follow me in the house. After a few minutes I was annoyed that he hadn't come in and figured he was dinking around in the garage with his toys so I went out to see and this is what I saw.

16 comments:

Jensen Family said...

So funny!! My kids seem to go a hundred miles an hour too....all the time. The only change in the story is they never seem to crash until it is bedtime. :)

Savanna said...

I love this picture. That is so funny. I guess our kids can't can fun out of energy real fast! Sophie is adorable. I am sure you are really having fun with a little girl and having come pink in the house.

Erin said...

That's hilarious Ashley!!

Savanna said...

Wow my spelling was bad... I was trying to say our kids CAN RUN out of energy real fast!
Oh, and the part of having SOME pink in the house. Sorry I messed it up so bad, it wouldn't let me delete it. :(

Jen said...

Too funny!

Lauren Perry said...

So cute!

Danielle said...

This cracks me up!

Kacey said...

I am laughing so hard! I'm glad you got a picture...that is hysterical!

The Jenks Fam said...

I love it! What a great photo!

Jason said...

Glad you decided to start a blog, I just love serching the net for old friends. I can't beleave you have three kids, they are very cute.
Take care.

Jess Perry said...

That is hilarious! Kids can sleep anywhere!

Lori said...

That is hilarious!!! Good picture too. Like father like son huh. Cute.

Hi Everyone.I changed my blog address to www.cameronandlori.blogspot.com
so makesure you change it too! Sorry it was driving me crazy though! Thanks.

Chris and Sarah Seymour said...

That is funny! I can't believe that he just fell asleep, and that position looks so comfortable. Good job and starting a blog as well. Maybe now we will be able to keep in touch a little better.

John and Kassie said...

Too funny! That doesn't look comfortable at all----amazing what kids can sleep through! Have a great day Ash---

Chalet said...

Okay...that is hilarious!!! It is good to hear from you. We had a great time in the Caribbean! Everyone shoule get away once in a while. It is good for the soul. :) Anyway...have a great week...oh and...Happy Thanksgiving. Hope you enjoy the Holidays!

Mike and Stacie said...

This picture is so hilarious! I can't believe he fell asleep like that! How cute.