Sunday, October 5, 2008

Gotta love Diego!

Parker has gone on FOREVER about how he was going to have a Go Diego Go birthday party. I think after his big brother's T-Rex party he had high expectations. Dan & I decided that he was just too young to start having friend birthday parties, so we invited some of our friends and his cousins and grandma over for a little party. On his actual birthDAY we asked him where he wanted to go for dinner....anywhere he wanted. (I, of course, was hinting toward Cafe Rio) but he of course chose McD's. Plus daddy bought him a happy meal! It truly made him happy.

He was very specific about wanting a baby jaguar cake..(there is none out there), so I improvised with a panda bear cake pan. He came out while I was decorating it and was so excited he didn't want to go back to bed. So, he sat on the stairs half asleep and watched for 1/2 hour.

We had another party for Parker while grandma Jean was here visiting a couple of weeks ago so she could see him open his present from her. Afterwords he asked me, "mom, am I 4 now?" I explained he wouldn't be 4 until his actual birthday. So as we were getting ready for the Diego party he asked again,

Parker: "am I 4 now?"

me: "yep, you're 4 now."

Parker: "How old is Mason?"

me: "Well, Mason is 5."

Parker: "Humph" Crossing his arms in anger and looking down with a sad face. "I'm never gonna be older."

me: "Sorry kiddo, you're never gonna be older." I don't think he appreciated that. "But, you are older than Sophi"

Finally a smile.

He was so genuinely excited for everyone to take part in his birthday. He made sure everyone was there for cake and to watch presents being opened. As he opened a gift from his cousins (a lite-bright sort of drawing board) he excitedly tells Mason "Look, its a craft!" I can't believe my baby is 4.

No comments: