Thursday, June 12, 2008

89 and going strong!!!!

We celebrated grandpa's 89th birthday this past weekend with 76 people in attendance. That is quite the posterity!! When talking with grandpa about turning 89 I asked if he was going to stick around to 100.
"I think I'll shoot for 95."
"Why not 100?"
"I don't want to be alive when I should be dead!"
He's always had such a great sense of humor. Love ya grandpa and hope to keep you around for many years to come!
HAPPY 89th BIRTHDAY

2 comments:

Ben and Jenn said...

Good ol' grandpa! I wish that we could have been there. I wish we didn't live so far away sometimes. California is a lot closer than Ohio so I won't complain too much. Looks and sounds like everyone had a blast!

Jamie said...

Ashley-I finally found your blog and need to add it to my favorites as to not forget to check it! What a cute grandpa you have and I can't believe how big Sophie is getting! I'll have to check back and see what your cute family is up to!