Friday, March 21, 2008

How to Clear a Playground

On Wednesday when the weather was finally nice and warm the boys were antsy to get out of the house. There was a warm breeze, so Mason suggested we go fly his kite. Now, as far as he knows his kite is AWESOME. He made it himself at Preschool from blue construction paper complete with a crepe paper tail. It was on a two foot string so if the wind was blowing, sure enough the kite would flap around. So, with this in mind, I suggested we go to the castle park down the road from us. Both boys were estatic and we even called and invited their "buddies" from next door to meet us there. I told Mason I would bring my kite, too. So we get to the park and they bolt for the toys. After a few minutes I decided to get out my kite so we would have enough time to fly it before heading back home. As soon as it took flight half of the kids on the toys ran over and tried to chase it. Mason no longer wanted to fly his kite.

Mason and his friend trying so hard to catch that kite tail...

But they are also very easily distracted

Parker was excited that he made the kite "do tricks."

I wish I had a picture of all the kids chasing the kite. I was about as cool as the ice cream truck driver for a few minutes. :) It was fun and Sophi even got to swing for the first time. I love the warm weather....Bring on Spring!!!

7 comments:

Ben and Jenn said...

How fun! I can picture the mob of kids chasing the kite. I bet that the boys had a blast. I love the pic. of Sophi on the swing too. She is so adorable!

Angie said...

How fun!! I'm jealous that you can even make it to a park. We still have lingering snow up here. I am so with you, BRING ON SPRING!!!!!

Jessica said...

We flew kites this last weekend also. The kids love it. I love the pony tail. Kaylie didn't have hair forever, so I was extreamly excited when she had her first ponytail ... about 3 hairs.
Your kids are so flippin cute.
Hope you have a wonderful week.

The Goldade's said...

Hey there! So it's been awhile but I saw your link and wanted to say howdy! You have the cutest little family...how fun! I'm so glad things are going well for you all. Now that i've found you i'll have to keep checkin up on you guys! =) Take care!

Erin said...

We flew kites in MD, but it wasn't such a success. Looks like fun!

Jess Perry said...

I love it that it is warming up. I can't wait for the weather to be consistently warm. I am officially over summer.
How fun to go out and fly kites. I think Bryn would absolutely love that!

Jen said...

Looks like fun!! I noticed that Costco had some cool kites, I wish I would have bought one now--Caleb would love it! BTW-I love the pony tail pictures of Sophie, SO cute!!